ST Microelectronics: Making PCs easier to use, more energy efficient, and safer
Время публикации: 2019-07-04
- Protect data and save energy: When the user leaves, the user detects the immediate lock screen and puts the computer into low power mode.
- When the user returns, the user presence detection immediately wakes up the system and logs into the user account without any touch operation.
- ST's proprietary algorithms use time-of-flight (ToF) sensor data to detect user presence and, in conjunction with Intel® Context Sensing context-aware technology, receive an Innovation Award on the CES2019. At present, the products of major computer manufacturers have integrated the solution, and more manufacturers will adopt this function in the future.
- ST Microelectronics, the world's leading semiconductor supplier across multiple electronic applications, has released a suite of user presence detection solutions. ST Microelectronics' FlightSenseTM time-of-flight (ToF) ranging sensor output data, in conjunction with Intel's Intel® Context Sensing environment-aware technology, provides users with a breakthrough computer data security solution while reducing power consumption and improving User experience.
ST's FlightSense ToF sensor is hidden inside the border of the laptop screen, behind the glass cover, for scanning to detect the presence of users in front of the computer. When the user leaves, the ToF sensor discovers that no user is present and then immediately locks the system and puts it into Windows® Modern-Stand-by power-saving mode, which increases system security and reduces power consumption. The ToF sensor enters a low-power autonomous mode, scans the scene, detects whether the user returns, and keeps the computer in a sleep state, saving power. When the user returns, the ToF sensor wakes up the computer and automatically initiates the face-to-face login function without waiting for a button or moving the mouse.
The patented algorithm of STMicroelectronics used in the system distinguishes between a stationary person sitting in front of a computer and an inanimate object (such as a chair) without the need for video analysis using a webcam that consumes a lot of power and may infringe on personal privacy.
Eric Aussedat, executive vice president and general manager of imaging products at STMicroelectronics, said: "By taking advantage of ST's market-leading FlightSenseTM time-of-flight ranging technology, user presence detection applications can extend battery life, improve data security and ease of use. Sex."
About FlightSense Time of Flight Sensors
ST's ToF FlightSense technology completely overturns ranging and proximity sensing applications, providing accurate ranging data with low-cost miniature sensors. The distance sensor works by measuring the time it takes for a photon to travel back and forth between the sensor and the target object. Multiplying the "time of flight" of a photon by the speed of light, the result is the exact distance from the sensor to the target object.
Conventional infrared (IR) ranging sensors rely on the intensity of the reflected signal and cannot directly measure the distance. Unlike ToF sensors, the measurement and accuracy of infrared sensors are affected by the reflectivity of the object. ST's ToF sensor combines precision ranging, small size and low power consumption.
- 1.ST Microelectronics: Making PCs easier to use, more energy efficient, and safer
- 2.Dual core performance, rich functions, ST released a new micro controller
- 3.New STMicroelectronics BLDC Controller-STSPIN32F0B
- 4.STMicroelectronics Releases All-in-One Online Tool
- 5.STMicroelectronics Introduces Motion Sensor with Machine Learning-LSM6DSOX
- 6.Low Power High Precision Distance Measuring Miniature ToF Sensor-VL53L1X
- 7.Certified NFC Forum Type 5 Chips from STMicroelectronics,more smaller,more convenient,more safer
- 8.The Latest product_EVALSP820-XS-STMicroelectronic
- 9.STMicroelectronics Introduces Low Voltage Brushless Motor Driver STSPIN233
- 10.Invisible bike helmets from H vding rely on ST’s motion sensors and microcontrollers
SCRs Fire Lighter Circuit >
Current Mode PWM Controllers 0.5mA Curre >
DC/DC Switching Regulators Synchronous S >
Switching Converters, Regulators & Contr >
STMICROELECTRONICS BTB16-700SWRG Triac, >
AC LINE SWITCH,Thyristors - Diacs, Sidac >
Sockets & Adapters Probe User Guide >
Octal D-type flip-flop with 3 state outp >
DUAL 4-INPUT NAND GATE >
- 39 VF020-90-4 C-WH